Our law firm is proud to announce that Attorneys Dax Bello and Michael Levine have been selected to the 2019 Florida Super Lawyers Rising Stars list, an exclusive honor limited to the top 2.5% of lawyers in Florida. Super Lawyers is a premier rating service for attorneys nationwide in 70 practice areas. Every honoree on the list, who represent only 5% of practicing attorneys in each state, has reached an exceptional level of peer recognition and achievement in the legal field. The Rising Stars list is even more exclusive, limiting the Super Lawyers list to attorneys who are under 40 years old or have been practicing for less than 10 years.
Attorney Dax Bello
Dax Bello is an integral part of the legal community of South Florida. He's been a vital member of the Cuban American Bar Association (CABA) since 2011, serving as Chairman on nearly every committee. He was elected Vice President of CABA last year, empowering him to serve the Cuban-American community on an even wider scale in 2019. He, Mr. Levine, and Mr. Cain represented our law firm when we sponsored the 36th Annual American Red Cross Ball in April 2018. Dax and Janine Bello served as co-chairs of the 37th Annual Red Cross Ball, which took place in March 2019.
In addition to CABA, Mr. Bello has served on the Board of Directors for:
- The Latin Builders Association
- Legal Services of Greater Miami
- American Red Cross of Greater Miami & the Florida Keys
- Kiwanis Club of Little Havana
Additionally, Mr. Bello serves as a member of the Florida Rules of Civil Procedure Committee for the Florida Bar. Before joining STFBC, Mr. Bello was in-house counsel for a billion-dollar telecommunications contractor, and before that he served as an Assistant State Attorney in Miami-Dade County.
Attorney Michael Levine
Despite a relatively young career, Michael Levine has already made a name for himself in the legal community. Last year, he was honored with the "40 Under 40 Outstanding Lawyers of South Florida" award by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, chosen by a committee made of highly-renowned lawyers and community leaders. Michael currently serves as a Board Member on the Jewish Community Services, as well as on the Board of Directors of the Dade County Bar Association's Young Lawyers Section, where he's facilitated stronger relationships between the judiciary and young attorneys. He was also elected to the Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division Board of Governors. His articles have been published multiple times in legal publications, while his commitment to the best possible outcomes has allowed him to win record results.
Read some of Michael's articles here:
- How to Know If You Have a Medical Malpractice Case
- Down Goes Daubert - Florida Reverts Back to Frye
- Court Affirms Judgment in Favor of Contractors in Motorcycle Accident Wrongful Death Case
- 3rd District Court of Appeal Rules Premises Liability Case Must Be Decided by Jury
Understanding the Super Lawyers Process
Nominees are chosen for the Super Lawyers list through a rigorous multi-phase research process.
- Phase 1 allows lawyers in each state to nominate the top attorneys they've observed in person, with any in-firm nomination matched with nominations from outside the firm. However, lawyers cannot nominate themselves. Meanwhile, researchers from Super Lawyers search for attorneys who have achieved certain awards or results that would warrant their inclusion on the list.
- Phase 2 allows the researchers to vet and further evaluate each lawyer in the candidate pool. They look for markers of high achievement, such as verdicts and settlements, experience, awards, special certifications, scholarly achievements, community service, and more. These indicators are given a specific point value and are not weighed the same.
- Phase 3 allows a blue-ribbon panel of the top attorneys in each practice area to evaluate the candidate pool, giving them a rating based on their skill and reputation.
- Phase 4, the final phase, groups the final candidates into categories based on firm size. Only 5% of the total number of attorneys in the state are named to the list, and half of those are limited to the Rising Stars honorees.
Congratulations to Attorneys Dax Bello & Michael Levine!
For years, Mr. Bello and Mr. Levine have been changing their clients' lives for the better, helping injured people get the money they need to recover from devastating accidents and injuries. Our colleagues' work on behalf of the people of Florida has rightfully earned them sterling reputations as advocates for the injured and wronged.
We're thrilled to see them both continue to get the professional recognition they deserve.
If you need an advocate like them, do not hesitate to call our firm for a free consultation: (305) 770-6335.