Miami Medical Malpractice Attorneys
Dedicated Medical Negligence Law Firm in Florida
Since 1984, the medical malpractice lawyers at our Miami personal injury firm have represented hundreds of victims of medical malpractice and their families throughout Florida and across the United States. In fact, our firm has represented clients from all around the globe. We understand the complexities and challenges of a medical malpractice case, and we have the specialized knowledge, experience, and resources necessary to investigate and prosecute these cases.
Our law firm has successfully handled medical malpractice cases involving:
- Obstetrical malpractice
- Birth trauma and birth injuries
- Surgical mistakes
- Orthopedic errors
- Infection cases
- Heart disease
- Failure to diagnose
- Bowel and intestinal injuries
- Nerve injuries
- Urologic injuries
- Hospital mistakes and malpractice
- Anesthesia mistakes
- Medication errors
These are far from the only types of cases we have handled. There is simply not enough room on this page to account for every type of injury that Stewart Tilghman Fox Bianchi & Cain, P.A. has successfully represented. Simply put, if you have suffered any kind of harm due to medical negligence, our Miami medical malpractice lawyers are well-equipped to help you fight for the treatment and resources you need. We can help you answer your questions about how insurance and medical records will impact your case, what constitutes malpractice, how long you have to file your claim, and more.
What Is a Medical Malpractice Attorney?
Medical malpractice attorneys represent individuals and families who’ve experienced acts of medical neglect—whether through someone’s actions or failure to act. As medical malpractice lawyers in Miami, we are responsible for helping people who are facing one of the most difficult times of their life. Throughout the years, we have been there to advise and guide people who are facing off against massive insurance companies and health systems, ensuring that they are not just another statistic. Regardless of whether our client is facing a lawsuit because of an injury that affected their child, something that hurt themselves personally, or even an action that killed a loved one, we are here to help them through it. When you're looking for a medical malpractice lawyer, it's important to understand the statute of limitations in Florida that every medical malpractice lawsuit is held to. Read more about Florida's medical malpractice statute of limitations in our blog!
How to Find a Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Medical malpractice claims can be complex and challenging, often involving intricate legal and medical issues. Therefore, finding a skilled medical malpractice lawyer is crucial to the success of your case.
If you're in Miami and searching for a qualified medical malpractice lawyer, follow these steps:
- Understand what a medical malpractice lawyer does
- Start with recommendations
- Check online directories
- Research potential candidates
- Look at reviews and ratings
- Consider experience and expertise
- Set up consultations
- Ask the right questions
- Evaluate communication and comfort level
- Compare and decide
Remember that selecting the right medical malpractice lawyer is a significant decision that can dramatically impact the outcome of your case. So, take the time necessary to research and make an informed choice.
What Constitutes Medical Malpractice in Florida?
Medical malpractice occurs when a healthcare provider fails to meet the accepted standard of care, resulting in harm to the patient.
In Florida, there are several factors that must be present for a case to be considered medical malpractice:
- There must be a doctor-patient relationship. This means that the healthcare provider has a duty to provide care to the patient, and the patient has agreed to receive treatment.
- The healthcare provider must have breached their duty of care. In Florida, this means that the healthcare provider must have acted in a way that was negligent or below the standard of care expected of a reasonable healthcare provider in similar circumstances.
- The breach of duty must have caused harm to the patient. This harm can be physical, emotional, or financial.
- The harm must have resulted in damages. This means that the patient must have suffered actual losses, such as medical expenses, lost wages, or pain and suffering.
Examples of medical malpractice in Florida can include misdiagnosis, failure to diagnose, surgical errors, medication errors, and birth injuries. If you believe that you have been a victim of medical malpractice, it's important to speak with an experienced medical malpractice lawyer in Florida as soon as possible.
Why Choose Our Florida Medical Neglect Lawyers?
We represent cases nationwide, but why choose a firm in Florida over a local firm? Because we were built on a history of results. Ultimately, what a firm says about itself will never be as loud as its ability to obtain results for clients. In the last 35+ years, our firm has secured hundreds of millions for people who were seriously injured and could not afford to lose.
- Just a few examples of our medical malpractice results:
- $15 million for parents in a birth injury case
- $5 million in a confidential settlement
- $6.75 million recovery for a young woman injured by medical malpractice
- $6 million recovery for a disabled child injured in the recovery room
The "secret" to our success is simple: we keep our caseload small so we can commit proper resources, time, and thought to your case. Because we commit more time, we outwork our opponents, arriving at the courtroom better prepared and ready for trial. This strategy has served us time and time again, allowing us to secure compensation for the injured.
"After being rejected by another firm, my daughter reached out to Stewart Tilghman Fox Bianchi & Cain with the hope that they would be able to represent my husband and I for an injury he suffered because of negligence by our local hospital. We were so grateful that they took on our case and obtained justice for our family. I no longer have to worry about getting him the care he needs or paying our bills thanks to the recovery my attorneys, Steve Cain and Gary Fox were able to obtain. They held our hand throughout the entire process. I always recommend them to family and friends needing legal help because I know there is no better firm to get the job done than them."- Gloria C.
Medical Malpractice Cases We've Successfully Handled
Our opponents have included the largest, most well-equipped hospitals and malpractice defense law firms. We have tried high-profile, high-stakes medical malpractice cases in Florida and throughout the U.S. We are dedicated to holding medical professionals, hospitals, and organizations responsible for their negligence and recklessness.
Our most important and significant cases include:
- Apariclo v. Hialeah Hospital, et al.
- Baker v. North Florida Regional Hospital
- Beatty v. Borota
- Britting v. Habal, Abdoni and St. Joseph's Hospital
- Butts v. Schumpert Medical Center, et al
- Diaz v. Dr. Valladares, Dr. Yong and Hialeah Hospital, Inc.
- Former NFL cornerback's career ended by medical malpractice
- Gorman v. St. Joseph's Hospital
- Jackson v. Friedman and Cedars of Lebanon Hospital
- Our role in the Terri Schiavo case
If you're facing life-altering spine injuries, your child's birth injury, or have lost a loved one due to medical malpractice, do not hesitate to call Stewart Tilghman Fox Bianchi & Cain, P.A. We can help you fight for the compensation you need to cover pain and suffering, economic damages, and more. You should not have to suffer silently from malpractice within the health care industry. Let us protect your legal rights and help you in the pursuit of justice. Our Miami medical malpractice lawyers work exclusively on a contingency fee basis, meaning we take no fee from our clients unless we win their cases.
Call (305) 770-6335 or schedule an appointment online.