Miami Serious Injury Attorneys
Hundreds of Millions Won for Victims of Catastrophic Injuries
Since we opened our doors in 1984, we have had the honor of helping those who have suffered severe injuries in serious accidents. The Miami injury lawyers at Stewart Tilghman Fox Bianchi & Cain, P.A. understand the pain accompanying catastrophic injuries and the effect they have on a person’s life. Catastrophic injuries, by their nature, change a person’s life in an instant—and those changes often last for the rest of the survivor’s life. After a catastrophic injury, you or your loved one need a law firm with the experience and focus required to get the best possible results.
Stewart Tilghman Fox Bianchi, P.A. was built on a foundation of trust between us and our clients. We have purposely limited our law firm’s caseload so that we can provide an extraordinary amount of attention to each case. By taking a limited amount of cases, we pour all our resources into each client’s long-term stability. While some law firms focus on obtaining minimal results from a large volume of cases, we purposely seek fewer cases to maximize a client’s results.
Don’t take our word for it. Here are some victories we've won for catastrophic injury victims:
- $15 million for parents in a birth injury case
- $14.5 million for a pedestrian that suffered brain injuries after being hit by a car
- $11 million for a client who suffered severe brain injuries in a motorcycle accident
- $10.55 million for parents of quadriplegic sons
- $8 million for a man who suffered a catastrophic brain injury aboard a cruise ship
- $5 million for a woman injured in a truck accident
It’s important to know the medical intricacies involved with cases involving catastrophic injury. Lacking the proper answers to the questions that arise in a catastrophic injury case can stop it from progressing positively. We’ve eliminated this obstacle by combining over 150 years of experience to build the knowledge needed to win victories for our clients.
We are ready to discuss how we can use our experience to help you at (305) 770-6335.
What Is a Catastrophic Injury?
A catastrophic injury is a severe injury that has long-lasting or permanent effects on the victim's life. These injuries typically result in significant physical, emotional, and financial consequences for the victim and their family. Severe injuries often require extensive medical treatment, long-term care, and rehabilitation, and may leave the victim unable to work or engage in normal daily activities. A catastrophic injury is a broad term used to encompass a set of injuries that negatively impact a person’s mobility and/or brain function. For example, brain injuries are considered catastrophic.
Examples of catastrophic injuries include:
- Blunt force trauma: Blunt force trauma often results from car accidents, assaults, or falls from a significant height. This type of injury can result in internal bleeding, organ damage, and broken bones. The consequences could be life-threatening or result in lifelong disabilities.
- Brain injuries: Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) can occur from various causes, such as car accidents, sports injuries, or violent encounters. TBIs can lead to cognitive impairments, memory loss, and even personality changes, affecting both the individual and their families in profound ways.
- Burn injuries: Severe burns can happen from exposure to fire, chemicals, or extreme heat. Third-degree or fourth-degree burns can result in permanent scarring, infections, and the need for numerous surgeries and skin grafts.
- Hearing and vision loss: Sudden or severe loss of hearing or vision can result from head injuries, exposure to loud noises, or chemical exposure. Losing one's ability to hear or see has a significant impact on quality of life, often requiring substantial adjustments like learning braille or sign language.
- Neck and back injuries: Injuries to the neck and back can occur in various circumstances, such as in vehicle collisions or from heavy lifting. These injuries can lead to chronic pain and may require surgeries and ongoing physical therapy. In severe cases, they can result in paralysis.
- Spinal cord injuries: Damage to the spinal cord often has immediate and long-lasting effects, which can include paralysis (either partial or complete), loss of sensation, and other chronic conditions. Treatment typically involves long-term medical care, including surgery, rehabilitation, and assistive devices like wheelchairs.
What Do Catastrophic Injuries Affect?
The most heartbreaking aspect of catastrophic injuries is how they negatively impact a person’s quality of life. After suffering a catastrophic injury, many people are forced to require assistance for the rest of their lives and others live most of their days experiencing unnecessary pain. After a person’s ability to interact with the world is hindered, they experience a slew of emotional and financial hardships that no one should ever have to endure.
What Can People with Catastrophic Injuries Seek Compensation For?
When the negligence of someone else causes a person to sustain catastrophic injuries, the injured person might be able to seek compensation from the responsible party. As with many personal injury cases, someone with catastrophic injuries can seek compensation for pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Since catastrophic injuries are permanent, a person can also seek compensation for the loss of the ability to work, future medical care, and more.
Who Is Liable for Catastrophic Injuries?
Any party that acted negligently can be held liable for catastrophic injuries. This means that an employer, company, individual, or other parties might be liable for a person’s injuries. For example, if a company fails to provide a safe work environment, they could be liable for catastrophic injuries sustained by workers. Or, if a person drives unsafely and causes a serious car accident, they also might be held liable for injuries. Speaking with an attorney will help you decide what parties are responsible for your injuries.
Call Our Florida Severe Injury Lawyers
We pursue excellence while helping those that need it the most.
Recognition our law firm has earned includes the following:
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in America© since 1987
- Selected to US News’ “Best Law Firms”
- AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in Florida Super Lawyers since 2006
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by The Florida Bar
- Board Certified in Appellate Practice by The Florida Bar
- Listed on Lawdragon's 500 Leading Lawyers in America
- Listed in Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers
- Named to Lawdragon's Hall of Fame
- Listed in Top Attorneys in the 18th Edition of the South Florida Legal Guide
- Listed in Top Law Firms in the 18th Edition of the South Florida Legal Guide
Catastrophic injuries can impact a person’s ability to work—so, due to increasing medical debts, the strain placed on the survivor and his/her family can be unbearable. Our Florida catastrophic injury lawyers diligently prepare each case for trial and focus on strong attorney-client relationships, so you never feel alone or lost while seeking justice.
If you or someone you know has been catastrophically injured, call us today at (305) 770-6335. Our consultation is free, and you won’t pay unless we win.