Attorney David W. Bianchi
36+ Years as a Miami Personal Injury Attorney
David Bianchi is a trial lawyer with more than 36 years of experience. Most recently, he was selected by the prestigious "Best Lawyers in America" publication as Miami's 2016 "Lawyer of the Year" for representing people who were injured as a result of defective products.
This is what the Best Lawyer's website states about this award:
Lawyers being honored as "Lawyer of the Year" are selected based on particularly impressive voting averages received during the exhaustive peer-review assessments we conduct with thousands of leading lawyers each year. Receiving this designation reflects the high level of respect a lawyer has earned among other leading lawyers in the same communities and the same practice areas for their abilities, their professionalism, and their integrity.
Mr. Bianchi has represented clients in a wide variety of cases including business disputes, defective cars and trucks, class actions, suits arising from poorly constructed homes, medical and legal malpractice, automobile accidents, negligent security claims, claims against insurance agents and insurance companies, airplane crashes and many others.
Notable Case Verdicts & Settlements
Mr. Bianchi obtained the largest fraternity hazing verdict in the country in a case that arose from the death of a pledge at the University of Miami and he obtained the first verdict in the country against Mercedes-Benz in a case involving a defective airbag system in a Mercedes S420 automobile. He has successfully represented clients in cases against Toyota, Nissan, Chrysler, Suzuki and Ford as well. To date, he has obtained verdicts and settlements of approximately $200,000,000.
Past & Present Professional Memberships
Mr. Bianchi has been active in legal and professional organizations for over thirty years:
- He is a former member of the Florida Bar's Board of Governors where he chaired the Insurance Practices Special Study Committee, a committee that created a new disclosure form for use in certain lawsuits in Florida which was subsequently adopted and made mandatory by the Florida Supreme Court.
- He is past chairman of the Trial Lawyer's Section of the Florida Bar, an organization of 6,500 lawyers representing both plaintiffs and defendants.
- He is past chairman of the Joint Committee of the Trial Lawyers Section and the Conference of Circuit and County Court Judges resulting in the publication of a handbook for judges and lawyers that is now updated and republished every year.
- He is past President of the Young Lawyers Division of the Florida Bar, an organization of 14,000 lawyers, and the recipient of the 2000 Florida Bar President's award for "Outstanding" contributions to the Bar and to the citizens of the State of Florida.
- He is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocacy, an invitation-only group of trial lawyers who have tried at least 25 cases to verdict.
- He is a former member of the board of directors of the Coral Gables Bar Association.
Giving Back to the Community
In addition to his activities involving the practice of law, David has been active in charitable, community and business activities as well. For many years, he and his wife Julia have been very involved in supporting Kristi House, a local charity that provides services to children who are victims of sexual abuse. For many years David served as the auctioneer for the organization's principal fundraising dinner. Along with his wife, he has chaired the Annual Ball for the American Red Cross in Miami and has been a regular supporter of several programs under the auspices of the Red Cross. He is frequently asked to serve as the auctioneer for various charitable galas and he has successfully done so for the Red Cross, Kristi House, the Sylvester Cancer Institute, the Stan Hywett Hall and Gardens in Akron, Ohio and Plymouth Congregational Church in Coconut Grove, Florida.
David has served in various other leadership positions in the community:
- David is the past chairman of the Board of Trustees of Plymouth Congregational Church. He chaired the annual fundraising campaign for the church and is a former Moderator for Plymouth, the highest lay position within the structure of the Congregational Church. Additionally, he recently served on the pastoral search committee.
- He is a past director of the Fisher Island Club, Inc. on Fisher Island, Florida, and was the chairman of the board of the Harborview Condominium Association for 10 years on Fisher Island.
- He is a former Vice-Chairman of the holding company of Florida Savings Bank, a local bank that was sold to Commerce Bank.
- A former director of Affomix Corporation, an antibody company spun out of Yale University that was sold to Illumina, Inc.
- The former Chairman of GnuBIO, Inc., a DNA sequencing company spun out of Harvard University that was sold to Bio Rad, Inc. and related matters.
In addition, David is the author of "Blue Chip Kids; what every kid (and parent) should know about money, investing and the stock market." The book is published by Wiley and was recently listed as the #1 book on Amazon for "Kids and Money." A television series about the book is in development and is set to air in late 2016. David is a frequent speaker on the subject of the importance of teaching financial literacy to young people and has been interviewed on more than 50 TV and radio stations throughout the United States and Canada about the subject.
Areas of Practice:
- Admiralty & Maritime Law
- Business & Commercial Law
- Health & Health Care Law
- Legal Malpractice
- Litigation & Appeals
- Medical Malpractice Law
- Motor Vehicle Accidents - Plaintiff
- Nursing Home
- Personal Injury - Plaintiff
- Products Liability Law
- Professional Malpractice Law
- Toxic Torts
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Florida, 1979
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- New York
- Washington D.C.
- Boston College Law School, Boston, Massachusetts, 1979 J.D.
- Tufts University, 1976 B.A., Magna Cum Laude with a degree in Economics.
- Construction Accidents: The Search For A Defendant , Florida Bar Journal, Oct., 1984
- Negligent Operation Of A Pleasure Boat, American Jurisprudence, Proof of Fact 2d, Vol. 43, 1985
- All Our Lawyers Are Juris Doctors, Florida Bar Journal, Jan., 1989
Honors and Awards:
- Nominee, Trial Lawyer of the Year, Trial Lawyers for Public Justice, 1989
- The Florida Bar, President's Award of Merit, 2000, in recognition of his outstanding leadership as Chairman of the Insurance Practices Special Study Committee and the adoption of a Client's Bill of Rights for the benefit of all lawyers and citizens of the State of Florida
- "Lawyer of the Year" 2013 - Best Lawyers, Product Liability Litigation, Miami
- "Lawyer of the Year" 2016 - Best Lawyers, Personal Injury Litigation, Miami
- "Lawyer of the Year" 2017 - Best Lawyers, Product Liability Litigation, Miami
Birth Information: 1954, Bellport, New York, United States of America