Stephen F. Cain
Stephen Cain joined the firm in 2002 as an associate and was recognized for his superior work on behalf of the firm’s clients when he was promoted to partner with the firm in 2005. In 2010 he became a named partner in the firm. The focus of his practice is on the representation of catastrophically injured victims and claims involving wrongful death.
Stephen has successfully pursued personal injury claims on behalf of clients in cases involving medical malpractice, defective products, automobile accidents, negligent security, legal malpractice, admiralty/maritime accidents and general negligence. His efforts have resulted in numerous verdicts and settlements in excess of a million dollars. Together with firm partner David Bianchi, he successfully represented the parents of a young college student who was killed as a result of fraternity hazing that resulted in a jury verdict of $14,000,000.
In addition to his work here at the firm, Stephen is also active in various legal organizations on both a state and national level that focus on preserving the legal rights of victims and their families. He currently serves on the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee of the Florida Justice Association (FJA). With the full support of the firm, he spends countless hours in Tallahassee lobbying our elected officials in the Florida Legislature to insure that victims and their families continue to have the rights guaranteed them under the Constitution to pursue their claims for injuries and death resulting from the negligence of others.
Stephen received his undergraduate degree from Florida State University. He graduated cum laude from the University of Miami School of Law where he was recognized with honors in the nationally renowned Litigation Skills program. He has continued to excel in his professional practice and has been recognized by various publications and his peers as a Florida Trend “Legal Elite”, a Florida Super Lawyer “Top Young Lawyer”, and as an “Up and Comer” by the South Florida Legal Guide.
Stephen is married to his wife, Marni, and together they have three children, Raftin, Hudson and Savannah. He is actively involved in the community and with various charities.
Areas of Practice:
- Admiralty & Maritime Law
- Business & Commercial Law
- Health and Health Care Law
- Legal Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice Law
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Nursing Homes
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability Law
- Professional Malpractice Law
- Toxic Torts
100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation of Behalf of the Plaintiff
- Florida, 2000
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida 2002
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida 2005
University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida, 2000, Juris Doctor
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Honors: FACDL Scholarship Award 1999-2000
- Honors: Honors Litigation Skills and Pre-Trial
Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida, 1994, Bachelor of Science
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Florida Justice Association Executive Committee, 2009-Present
- American Association for Justice: Member
- American Association for Justice: Board of Governors, 2005-2006
- American Bar Association: Member
- The Florida Bar: Member
- Florida Justice Association Member
- Florida Justice Assoication, Board of Directors, 2005-Present
- Miami-Dade Justice Association: Member
- Miami-Dade Justice Association: Board of Directors, 2005-Present